Yield: 8 servings Prep time: 8 minutes, plus 3 hours to chill
Who wouldn’t love a mini cheesecake for breakfast? This recipe has a creamy flavor that is reminiscent of French toast.
2 tablespoons blanched almond flour or almond meal
2 tablespoons crushed roasted and salted almonds
2 tablespoons Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener or equivalent amount of liquid or powdered sweetener (see here)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon grass-fed powdered gelatin
¼ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener or equivalent amount of liquid or powdered sweetener (see here)
½ cup unsweetened almond milk, homemade (here) or store-bought
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean (about 6 inches long), or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon maple extract (optional)
Whole roasted almonds, for garnish
8 (2-ounce) dessert cups
- Make the crust: Using a hand mixer, mix all the crust ingredients until well combined. Place 1 heaping tablespoon in the bottom of a 2-ounce dessert cup. Press down using your fingers to spread the mixture evenly across the bottom and to compress it firmly. Repeat with the remaining crust mixture, filling 8 dessert cups total. Set aside.
- Make the filling: Mix the gelatin and sweetener in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the milk and heat until hot, about 1 minute. Stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, vanilla bean seeds, and maple extract, if using, with a hand mixer on medium speed until creamy. With the mixer running, gradually add the gelatin mixture, beating until well combined.
- Pour about ¼ cup of the filling mixture over the crust in each dessert cup. Place in the refrigerator to chill for about 3 hours. Garnish with whole roasted almonds before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.