Yield: 2 servings Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 18 minutes
2 tablespoons coconut oil
3 large eggs
¾ cup unsweetened cashew milk or almond milk, homemade (here) or store-bought (or hemp milk if nut-free)
¼ cup unflavored egg white protein powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or other fresh herbs of choice
8 spears asparagus, trimmed
¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Butter or coconut oil, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place the coconut oil in an 8-inch cast-iron skillet. Put the skillet in the hot oven.
- Place the eggs, milk, protein powder, baking powder, salt, and dill in a blender. Blend for about 1 minute, until foamy. Remove the hot skillet from the oven and pour in the batter. Arrange the asparagus on top of the batter (they may fall into the batter, which is fine). Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until the pancake is puffed and golden brown.
- Remove the pancake from the oven and spread with butter or coconut oil. Cut into wedges and enjoy! Best served fresh.