Yield: 4 servings Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 2 minutes
Coconut oil, for frying
4 ounces fresh (soft) goat cheese or cream cheese (½ cup)
1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
8 zucchini blossoms
2 large eggs
Fine sea salt
- Heat ½ inch of oil to 350°F in a large, deep cast-iron pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the goat cheese and basil. Clean the zucchini blossoms and fill each one with about 1½ teaspoons of the goat cheese mixture. Set aside.
- Separate the eggs and whip the whites until soft peaks form. Lightly beat the egg yolks and add them to bowl with the whites; stir well to mix the yolks into the whites.
- Dip the stuffed zucchini blossoms into the whipped egg mixture so they’re covered on all sides.
- Carefully place the dipped zucchini blossoms into the hot oil, working in batches if needed. Fry on all sides until golden brown, about 1 minute per side.