Yield: 4 servings Prep time: 4 minutes Cook time: 8 minutes
4 (4-ounce) wild-caught salmon fillets
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups Purple Cauliflower Mash , for serving (optional; omit for dairy-free)
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling (optional)
Fresh thyme leaves or other herb of choice, for garnish (optional)
- Place an oven rack in the top position, about 4 inches below the broiler. Preheat the broiler to high.
- Sprinkle the salmon with the salt and pepper, then place it on a broiler pan or rimmed baking sheet, skin side down.
- Broil until the fish is opaque in the center and flakes easily with a fork, 8 to 10 minutes, depending on the salmon’s thickness.
- Serve on top of the Purple Cauliflower Mash and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and with thyme, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat, place in a skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until heated through.