Yield: 12 servings Prep time: 8 minutes (not including time to make dressing) Cook time: 18 minutes image
2 strips bacon, diced
2 (5-ounce) cans chicken meat, drained
3 tablespoons mayonnaise, homemade (here) or store-bought
1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
Fine sea salt (optional)
6 Hass avocados, halved and pitted
12 tablespoons shredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 3 ounces)
12 tablespoons Ranch Dressing (here)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cook the diced bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat or until crispy and the fat is rendered, about 4 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir the chicken, mayonnaise, and mustard together until well combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking, adding a touch of salt if needed.
- Place the avocado halves in a baking dish and carefully fill each half with the chicken salad.
- Top each avocado half with 1 tablespoon of cheese and some diced bacon. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and drizzle each avocado half with 1 tablespoon of the dressing. Serve warm.