Yield: 4 servings Prep time: 10 minutes, plus time to marinate meat (not including time to make seasoning or guacamole) Cook time: 15 minutes image
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoons MCT oil or avocado oil
4 teaspoons Taco Seasoning
1 pound beef or venison tenderloin
1 tablespoon lard
2 teaspoons fine sea salt
4 cups arugula
2 limes, quartered and sliced
- Combine the garlic, lime juice, oil, and taco seasoning in a baking dish. Add the tenderloin and roll it in the seasoning mixture to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Heat the lard in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Season the loin on all sides with the salt, then place the loin in the hot skillet. Sear on all sides for about 2 minutes per side, or until a nice crust forms.
- Use an oven mitt to transfer the skillet to the hot oven. Cook the loin for 7 to 8 minutes, until medium done.
- Remove the loin from the oven and allow to rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes before slicing. Set the sliced tenderloin on a bed of arugula and serve with lime quarters, salsa, and guacamole. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat, place in a skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until heated through.