MAKES 1 large omelet (2 servings)
PREP TIME: 8 minutes
COOK TIME: 25 minutes
This omelet is amazing served with Chilled Chai (here).
3 tablespoons avocado oil, coconut oil, or ghee
¼ cup (20 g) sliced green onions
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small tomato, diced
1 green chili pepper, seeded and finely diced
1½ teaspoons curry powder
½ teaspoon garam masala
6 large eggs, beaten
¼ cup (15 g) chopped fresh cilantro leaves and stems
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until it shimmers. When the oil is shimmering, add the green onions, garlic, tomato, and chili pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, or until the liquid from the tomatoes has evaporated.
- Reduce the heat to low and sprinkle the tomato mixture with the curry powder and garam masala. Stir to incorporate, then drizzle the beaten eggs over the top.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until the edges are cooked through.
- Sprinkle with the cilantro, fold one side over the other, cover, and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, cut in half, and serve.
STORE IT: Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
REHEAT IT: Place a single serving on a microwave-safe plate, cover, and microwave for 2 minutes, or place in a frying pan with a drop of oil, cover, and reheat over medium heat for 5 minutes.
make it DAIRY-FREE:
Do not use ghee.
Per serving, made with avocado oil:
calories: 438 | calories from fat: 327 | total fat: 36.3 g | saturated fat: 7.1 g | cholesterol: 558 mg
sodium: 279 mg | carbs: 7.7 g | dietary fiber: 1.9 g | net carbs: 5.8 g | sugars: 4.2 g | protein: 20.2 g
FAT : 75%
CARBS : 7%
PROTEIN : 18%