PREP TIME: 15 minutes, plus 4 hours to marinate chicken
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
Chopping the broccoli in two batches ensures that the florets are broken down perfectly for this quick salad. Serve it with the Greek chicken or go without. Either way, you’ll love it!
If you have a batch of Herby Vinaigrette & Marinade (here) in the fridge, you can marinate the chicken in ½ cup (120 ml) of that instead.
GREEK CHICKEN THIGHS:
6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 2½ lbs/1.2 kg)
¼ cup (60 ml) avocado oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
½ cup (120 ml) avocado oil
¼ cup (60 ml) lemon juice
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 green onions, finely chopped
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
½ teaspoon finely ground sea salt
6 cups (425 g) broccoli florets
3 medium tomatoes, diced
1 cucumber, seeded and diced
1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Place the chicken thighs, oil, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and oregano in a dish. Turn the thighs in the mixture to coat, then cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook the chicken, preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chicken on the lined baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) and the juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, make the tabbouleh: Place the oil, lemon juice, garlic, green onions, mint, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix until incorporated.
- Place half of the broccoli florets in a blender or food processor. Pulse until the pieces are ⅛ inch (3 mm) in size. Transfer the pieces to the large mixing bowl and repeat with the remaining broccoli florets.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, and parsley to the bowl with the other tabbouleh ingredients and toss until fully incorporated.
- Serve the tabbouleh with the chicken thighs.
STORE IT: Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. The chicken can be frozen for up to 1 month.
REHEAT IT: Place a single serving of the chicken in a microwave-safe dish, cover, and microwave for 2 minutes, or place in a frying pan with a drop of oil, cover, and reheat over medium heat for 5 minutes. Serve with the cold tabbouleh.
THAW IT: Place the chicken in the fridge and allow to defrost completely, then follow the reheating instructions above.
make it AIP/NIGHTSHADE-FREE:
Replace the tomatoes with 1 large zucchini, diced.
calories: 779 | calories from fat: 592 | total fat: 65.8 g | saturated fat: 14.3 g | cholesterol: 196 mg
sodium: 300 mg | carbs: 11.2 g | dietary fiber: 4.1 g | net carbs: 7.1 g | sugars: 4.1 g | protein: 35.5 g
FAT : 76%
CARBS : 6%
PROTEIN : 18%