PREP TIME: 10 minutes, plus 20 minutes to rest
COOK TIME: 55 minutes
Not feeling the cheese in this recipe? Use the Melty “Cheese” on here instead.
2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
¾ teaspoon finely ground sea salt
½ cup (120 ml) avocado oil, or ½ cup (105 g) ghee
1 pound (455 g) ground turkey
1 small yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups (280 g) shredded mozzarella cheese (dairy-free or regular), divided
2 large eggs, beaten
3 medium zucchinis, sliced lengthwise into thin sheets
2 cups (475 ml) marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Place the dried herbs and salt in a small bowl. Pinch with your fingers to mix.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized frying pan over medium heat. Add the turkey, onion, garlic, and 2 teaspoons of the herb mixture and sauté until the turkey is no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place 1 cup (140 g) of the cheese and the beaten eggs in a medium-sized bowl along with the remaining herb mixture; stir to combine.
- When the meat is cooked, assemble the lasagna: Place half of the zucchini slices in a 13 by 9-inch (33 by 23-cm) baking dish, followed by the turkey mixture, the cheese mixture, half of the sauce, the rest of the zucchini slices, and the remaining sauce. Top with the remaining 1 cup (140 g) of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until bubbly and the cheese has melted. Allow to sit for 20 minutes before serving.
STORE IT: Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
REHEAT IT: Transfer a single serving to a microwave-safe dish, cover, and microwave for 2 minutes.
THAW IT: Place in the fridge and allow to defrost completely, then follow the reheating instructions above.
make it COCONUT-FREE:
If using dairy-free cheese, make sure it’s also coconut-free.
make it DAIRY-FREE:
Use avocado oil and dairy-free cheese.
Per serving, made with avocado oil and dairy-free cheese:
calories: 600 | calories from fat: 405 | total fat: 45 g | saturated fat: 12.6 g | cholesterol: 134 mg
sodium: 688 mg | carbs: 22.6 g | dietary fiber: 15.8 g | net carbs: 6.8 g | sugars: 3.7 g | protein: 26.3 g
FAT : 68%
CARBS : 15%
PROTEIN : 17%