PREP TIME: 10 minutes, plus 30 minutes to cool
COOK TIME: 25 minutes
This is a perfect recipe for wowing your friends with keto, impressing family members when they come over for dinner, or just making for your little family on a Saturday movie night.
¾ cup (120 g) confectioners’-style erythritol, divided
½ cup plus 3 tablespoons (143 g) coconut oil, ghee, or cacao butter, melted, divided
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¾ cup (85 g) blanched almond flour
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons (30 g) cocoa powder, divided
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line an 8-inch (20-cm) round cake pan or square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine ½ cup (95 g) of the erythritol, ½ cup (120 ml) of the melted oil, the eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, place the almond flour, ¼ cup (20 g) of the cocoa powder, and the baking powder and whisk with a fork.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix until smooth.
- Transfer the batter to the lined pan and smooth with the back of a spoon. Bake for 23 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting: Place the remaining ¼ cup (25 g) of erythritol, 3 tablespoons of melted oil, and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- If you’re serving the cake right away, as soon as it’s cool, cut into 8 equal pieces, place on plates, and drizzle with the frosting. If you’re serving it later, cover the entire cake with the frosting while it’s still in the pan and set in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before serving.
STORE IT: Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
THAW IT: Set on the counter for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
make it COCONUT-FREE:
Use ghee or cacao butter.
make it DAIRY-FREE:
Do not use ghee.
Per serving, made with coconut oil:
calories: 207 | calories from fat: 196 | total fat: 21.8 g | saturated fat: 17 g | cholesterol: 47 mg
sodium: 19 mg | carbs: 3.3 g | dietary fiber: 1.5 g | net carbs: 1.8 g | sugars: 0.4 g | protein: 2.9 g
FAT : 89%
CARBS : 6%
PROTEIN : 5%