Always kept wondering how it was made… One day I sat beside my chef and got it.
• 5 ounces cremini mushrooms, finely diced
• 12 sausage links, fully cooked, cut into quarter-inch rounds
• About 1.5 leek, clean, cut into quarter-inch half-moon slices
• 10 ounces cauliflower florets
• 6 eggs
• About 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 package (8 ounces) sharp cheddar cheese, Sargento, fine-cut
• Non-stick cooking spray
- First of all, please make sure you have all the ingredients available. Next, please grease the bottom of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Now in a microwavable bowl, add the cauliflower & 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Pour enough water to cover the cauliflower; microwave for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Then meanwhile, prepare the mushrooms, sausages, & leeks.
- This step is important. When the cauliflower is micro waved, drain, & add to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Now distribute the sausages and mushrooms uniformly over the cauliflower layer.
- In a medium mixing bowl, please whisk the eggs and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, then stir in the leeks gently.
- Then stir in half of the cheese in the egg mixture.
- Pour over the vegetable and sausage layer in the slow cooker.
- One thing remains to be done now. Cook properly for about 2 to 3 hours on high, or until the eggs puff.
- Finally sprinkle the remaining cheese, let melt for a couple of minutes, slice while still in the cooker; serve.
- If desired, season with salt & then pepper to taste. The delicious recipe is ready. Enjoy!!
Prep Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Cooking Time: High for 2 to 3 hours
Slow Cooker: 6-quarts
Serving Size: 144 g
Serves: 6 to 8
Total Fat: 21.2 g
Saturated Fat: 7.4 g
Trans Fat: 0.1 g
Protein: 16.3 g
Total Carbs: 3.7 g
Dietary Fibre: 0.3 g
Sugars: 2.4 g
Net Carbs: 3.1 g
Cholesterol: 206 mg
Sodium: 615 mg
Potassium: 277 mg
Vitamin A: 10%
Vitamin C: 02%