Certainly a show stopper.
• 5 medium turnips, peeled, cut into strips
• About 2.5 Tablespoons olive oil
• 1 red onion, cut into small pieces
• About 1.5 teaspoon dry thyme
• 1 cup beef broth + 2 cups hot water
• 3 pounds beef chuck shoulder roast
• 1 teaspoon dry rosemary
• 4 Tablespoons butter
• Salt and pepper to taste
- First of all, please make sure you have all the ingredients available. In a frying pan, please heat the olive oil.
- Brown the meat for about 2 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Now pour the broth & remaining ingredients, without the turnips, in the crock-pot.
- This step is important. Then cover, cook properly on low for about 4 to 5 hours.
- One thing remains to be done now. Take the lid off & quickly add the turnip strips.
- Finally re-cover, cook properly for an additional 2 to 3 hours on low, until the turnips are soft. The delicious recipe is ready. Enjoy!!
Serves: 5 to 6
Prep time: 5 to 10 minutes
Cooking: 4 to 5 hours on low + 2 hours on low
I use to have it during my exams.
Nutritional values per serving:
Net C 17g