A little different, a little extra ordinary.
• 2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
• About 1.5 T. balsamic vinegar
• 2 tsp. olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic (Minced)
• 1/4 tsp. crushed dried rosemary
• 2 large firm tomatoes, halved crosswise
• About 1.5 tsp. crushed dried basil
• 1/2 tsp. crushed dried oregano
• 1/8 tsp. salt
• 3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs, still soft
- First of all, please make sure you have all the ingredients available. Grease the inner liner of your slow cooker.
- Now place the tomatoes in it, cut sides up.
- In a bowl, mix the vinegar, herbs, oil, garlic, and salt.
- Put this on top of the tomatoes, dividing and spreading it evenly.
- This step is important. Then cover and cook properly on low for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Brown the breadcrumbs in a little butter on the stovetop.
- Remove them from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Now use a large spoon to transfer the tomatoes from the slow cooker to a serving platter.
- One thing remains to be done now. Drizzle the cooking liquid over them, & then sprinkle the breadcrumb-cheese mixture on top.
- Finally let stand about 10 to 15 minutes before serving. The delicious recipe is ready. Enjoy!!
Serves: 3 to 4