Amazing cooking starts here…
• About 1.5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 1/2 large red onion, thickly sliced
• 1 beef (about 2 1/2 pounds) roast (eye, brisket, or chuck)
• 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee, preferably cold brewed
For the spice paste:
• 4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
• About 1.5 teaspoon oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
• 3 tablespoons ancho chili powder
• 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
• About 1.5 teaspoon cumin
• 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
• 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder, for a spicy dish
- First of all, please make sure you have all the ingredients available. Combine all of the spice paste ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Now quickly add enough water to form a loose paste consistency.
- Now rub all sides of the beef with the spice paste.
- This step is important. Spread the onion in the bottom of the cooker.
- Then place the beef on top of the onions.
- One thing remains to be done now. Stir the coffee and the vinegar together. Pour over the roast.
- Finally cover & cook properly for about 6 to 8 hours on low or until very tender. The delicious recipe is ready. Enjoy!!
Prep Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Cooking Time: Low for 6 to 8 hours
Slow Cooker: 4-quarts
Serving Size: 236 g
Serves: 6 to 8
Total Fat: 12.4 g
Saturated Fat: 4.3 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Protein: 58.3 g
Total Carbs: 4.3 g
Dietary Fibre: 1.7 g
Sugars: 0.7 g
Net Carbs: 2.4 g
Cholesterol: 163 mg
Sodium: 361 mg
Potassium: 894 mg
Vitamin A: 23%
Vitamin C: 6%