Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Nutritional Info (Per Serving):
206 Cal | 18.3 g Fat | 6.1 g Protein | 4.1 g Carb | 3.9 g Fiber | 0.2 g Net Carb
2 tablespoons chopped jalapeño peppers
½ of jalapeño pepper, sliced into thin rings 1 cup / 125 grams almond flour
1 tablespoon oat fiber
½ tablespoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons erythritol sweetener
1 ½ pasteurized eggs, at room temperature
½ cup / 50 grams shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup / 120 grams sour cream
4 tablespoons grass-fed butter, unsalted, melted Directions:
- Switch on the oven, then set it to 350°F / 175°C and let it preheat.
- Meanwhile, take a large mixing bowl, place flour in it, add oat fiber, salt, baking powder, and soda and then stir until just mixed.
- Take a separate large mixing bowl, crack eggs in it and then beat in sweetener, butter, and sour cream by using a whisk until combined.
- Add corn, cheese, and chopped jalapeno pepper, whisk until just mixed, and then gradually whisk in flour mixture until well incorporated.
- Gradually add flour in the egg mixture and then stir until incorporated.
- Take a 4-by-4 inches / 10-by-10 cm baking dish, grease it with avocado oil, spoon in prepared batter, and then scatter jalapeno pepper slices on top.
- Place the baking dish into the oven and then bake it for 30 to 35
minutes until the top has turned golden brown and bread passes the toothpick test; toothpick will come out clean from the bread when cooked.
- When done, remove the baking dish from the oven, let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then lift it out and cut it into eight squares.
- Serve straight away.