Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 65 minutes
Total time: 95 minutes
Nutritional Info (Per Serving):
142 Cal | 11.1 g Fat | 3.8 g Protein | 5.5 g Carb | 5.4 g Fiber | 0.1 g Net Carb
½ cup / 50 grams oat fiber
¼ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons psyllium husk
½ tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 pasteurized eggs, at room temperature
1 cup / 200 grams cream cheese, softened ¼ cup / 50 ml boiling water
- Switch on the oven, then set it to 300°F / 150°C and let it preheat.
- Meanwhile, take a large mixing bowl, crack eggs in it, beat in salt by using an immersion blender and then beat in cream cheese until smooth.
- Take a separate large mixing bowl, place oat fiber in it, and then stir in the husk, and baking powder until mixed.
- Pour flour mixture into the egg mixture, stir until well combined, whisk in vinegar and water until incorporate and let the mixture sit for 20 minutes.
- Then transfer the dough to a clean working space, shape it into a loaf, sprinkle with some oat fiber, and make some cuts with a knife throughout the loaf.
- Place the loaf into a baking sheet and then bake it for 60 to 65
minutes until the top has turned golden brown and bread passes the toothpick test; toothpick will come out clean from the bread when cooked.
- When done, remove the pan from the oven, let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then lift it out and cool the bread completely on a wire rack for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- When ready to eat, cut bread into eight slices and then serve.