Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Nutritional Info (Per Serving):
386 Cal | 30 g Fat | 21.5 g Protein | 9.5 g Carb | 3 g Fiber | 6.5 g Net Carb
1 ½ cup / 190 grams almond flour
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
2 tablespoons grass-fed butter, unsalted
2 pasteurized eggs, at room temperature
3 cups / 300 grams shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons yogurt
- Switch on the oven, then set it to 375°F / 190°C and let it preheat.
- Meanwhile, take a large mixing bowl, add cheese and yogurt in it and stir until mixed.
- Microwave cheese mixture for 3 minutes until cheese has melted, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Meanwhile, take a medium mixing bowl, place flour in it, add eggs and baking powder and stir until well mixed.
- Fold in hot cheese mixture, knead it for 5 minutes until the dough comes nicely together, shape dough into a ball, and place it into the refrigerator for 15 minutes until slightly cooled.
- Then cut the dough ball into six portions, roll each portion into a ball and then shape into ¼-inch / 6 mm thick flatbread.
- Transfer flatbreads into the oven and then bake it for 10
minutes until thoroughly cooked and few golden brown spots form on the top.
- In the meantime, take a small mixing bowl, place butter in it, and stir in parsley and garlic until mixed.
- When the bread has baked, brush the top with butter-parsley mixture and then continue cooking for a few more minutes until golden brown.
- Serve straight away.