Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Nutritional Info (Per Serving):
182 Cal | 14 g Fat | 11.5 g Protein | 3.8 g Carb | 1.2 g Fiber | 2.6 g Net Carb
1 ¼ cup / 125 grams almond flour
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup / 70 grams of protein powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
3 tablespoons pesto
¼ cup / 50 grams melted grass-fed butter, unsalted
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese ½ cup / 125 ml water
- Switch on the oven, then set it to 350°F / 175°C and let it preheat.
- Meanwhile, take a large mixing bowl, place flour in it, add baking powder, protein powder, and xanthan gum and then stir until just mixed.
- Whisk in butter until mixture resembles crumbs, beat in water by using an immersion blender until smooth, and then fold in pesto until combined.
- Take an 8-by-4 inch / 20-by-10 cm nonstick loaf pan, grease it with avocado oil, spoon in prepared batter, smooth the top by using a spatula and then sprinkle cheese on top.
- Place the loaf pan into the oven and then bake it for 30 to 35
minutes until the top has turned golden brown and bread passes the toothpick test; toothpick will come out clean from the bread when cooked.
- When done, remove the pan from the oven, let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then lift it out and cool the bread completely on a wire rack for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- When ready to eat, cut bread into ten slices and then serve.