Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Nutritional Info (Per Serving):
297 Cal | 26.5 g Fat | 8.7 g Protein | 6.1 g Carb | 3.3 g Fiber | 2.8 g Net Carb
½ cup / 115 grams diced bacon
½ cup / 120 grams grated zucchini, moisture squeezed out ½ cup / 60 grams almond flour
¼ cup / 30 grams coconut flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon xanthan gum
5 1/3 tablespoons butter, unsalted, melted 3 pasteurized eggs, at room temperature
½ cup / 50 grams grated cheddar cheese
- Switch on the oven, then set it to 350°F / 175°C and let it preheat.
- Meanwhile, take a large mixing bowl, place flours in it, add baking powder, salt, black pepper, and xanthan gum in it and then stir until just mixed.
- Add eggs and melted butter, whisk until well combined, and then fold in zucchini, bacon, and ¾ of cheese until mixed.
- Take a 9-by-5 inch / 22.5-by-12.5 cm nonstick loaf pan, grease it with avocado oil, spoon in prepared batter, and then smooth the top by using a spatula.
- Place the loaf pan into the oven and then bake it for 25 minutes until the top has turned golden brown and bread passes the toothpick test; toothpick will come out clean from the bread when cooked.
- Remove loaf pan from the oven, sprinkle remaining cheese on top and continue baking for 5 minutes until cheese has melted.
- When done, remove the pan from the oven, let the bread cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then lift it out and cut it into six slices.
- Serve straight away.