Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
Nutritional Info (Per Serving):
72 Cal | 4 g Fat | 2.5 g Protein | 5 g Carb | 2.6 g Fiber | 2.4 g Net Carb
½ of a large cauliflower
4 tablespoons almond flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
½ tablespoon pumpkin seeds
1 pasteurized egg white, at room temperature 1 of pasteurized egg, at room temperature
- Switch on the oven, then set it to 350°F / 175°C and let it preheat.
- Meanwhile, cut cauliflower into florets, add them into a food processor and then pulse for 1 to 2 minutes until grated.
- Meanwhile, take a medium mixing bowl, place egg white in it, and then whisk by using an immersion blender until stiff peaks form, set aside until required.
- Take a large mixing bowl, crack the egg in it, add flour, baking soda, all the spices, vinegar, and cream cheese and whisk by using an immersion blender until incorporated.
- Add grated cauliflower, stir until mixed, and then fold in egg white until combined.
- T� caake a 6-by-2 inch / 15-by-5 cm nonstick baking pan, grease it with avocado oil, spoon in prepared batter, smooth the top by using a spatula and then sprinkle salt and pumpkin seeds on top.
- Place the baking pan into the oven, bake it for 5 – 8 minutes, then switch temperature to 300°F / 150°C and continue cooking for 45 minutes until the top has turned golden brown and bread passes the toothpick test; toothpick will come out clean from the bread when cooked.
- When done, remove the pan from the oven, let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then lift it out and cool the bread completely on a wire rack for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- When ready to eat, cut bread into six slices and then serve.