Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Nutritional Info (Per Serving):
215 Cal | 18 g Fat | 9.3 g Protein | 6.5 g Carb | 3.2 g Fiber | 3.3 g Net Carb
1 ½ cups / 190 grams almond flour
1 lemon, zested
¼ cup / 60 grams swerve sweetener
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 ½ tablespoon lemon juice
3 pasteurized eggs, at room temperature
1 ½ tablespoon grass-fed butter, unsalted, melted Directions:
- Switch on the oven, then set it to 350°F / 175°C and let it preheat.
- Meanwhile, take a large mixing bowl, place flour in it, add poppy seeds, baking powder and sweetener in it and then stir until just mixed.
- Add butter, lemon juice and zest, beat by using an immersion blender until mixed and then beat in eggs until smooth.
- Gradually add flour in the egg mixture and then stir until incorporated.
- Take a 9-by-5 inch / 22.5-by-12.5 cm nonstick loaf pan, grease it with avocado oil, spoon in prepared batter, and then smooth the top by using a spatula.
- Place the loaf pan into the oven and then bake it for 25 to 35 minutes until the top has turned golden brown and bread passes the toothpick test; toothpick will come out clean from the bread when cooked.
- When done, remove the pan from the oven, let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then lift it out and cool the bread completely on a wire rack for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- When ready to eat, cut bread into six slices and then serve.