Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Nutritional Info (Per Serving):
283 Cal | 26.8 g Fat | 5.8 g Protein | 5.2 g Carb | 2.7 g Fiber | 2.5 g Net Carb
For the Bread:
1 cup / 125 grams almond flour
1 ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
1/3 cup / 40 grams erythritol sweetener
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, unsweetened
1/3 cup grass-fed butter, unsalted, softened 1/3 cup / 75 grams cream cheese, softened
1 pasteurized egg, at room temperature
For the Frosting:
1 ½ tablespoon walnuts, chopped
1 tablespoon erythritol sweetener
2/3 teaspoon vanilla extract, unsweetened
1/3 cup / 75 grams cream cheese, softened
- Switch on the oven, then set it to 330°F / 165°C and let it preheat.
- Meanwhile, take a large mixing bowl, add butter and sweetener in it, beat until fluffy and then beat in egg, vanilla, and cream cheese until smooth.
- Take a separate large mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients in it, stir until mixed, and then beat this mixture into the egg mixture by using an immersion blender until incorporated.
- Take a 9-by-5 inch / 22.5-by-12.5 cm nonstick loaf pan, line it with parchment paper hanging over the sides, spoon in prepared batter, and then smooth the top by using a spatula.
- Place the loaf pan into the oven and then bake it for 35 to 40 minutes until the top has turned golden brown and bread passes the toothpick test; toothpick will come out clean from the bread when cooked.
- When done, remove the pan from the oven, let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then lift it out and cool the bread completely on a wire rack for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting and for this, place all of its ingredients in a medium bowl except for walnuts and beat by using an immersion blender until smooth, set aside until required.
- When ready to eat, spread prepared frosting on top of bread, sprinkle with walnuts, cut bread into six slices, and then serve.