Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Nutritional Info (Per Serving):
240 Cal | 16.5 g Fat | 6.2 g Protein | 3 g Carb | 1.5 g Fiber | 1.5 gr Net Carb
For the Bread:
¾ cup / 100 grams almond flour
¾ teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup / 60 grams golden flax meal
¾ teaspoon ground ginger
½ tablespoon psyllium husk powder
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
½ cup / 60 grams swerve sweetener
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
½ teaspoon vanilla extract, unsweetened
2 tablespoons melted grass-fed butter, unsalted 2 pasteurized eggs, at room temperature
½ cup / 115 grams pumpkin puree
For the Frosting:
2 tablespoons swerve confectioners sugar
¼ cup / 55 grams cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon grass-fed butter, unsalted, softened 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Switch on the oven, then set it to 350°F / 175°C and let it preheat.
- Meanwhile, prepare the batter for bread and for this, take a large mixing bowl, place pumpkin puree in it, beat in butter, vanilla and sweetener until well combined, and then beat in eggs until frothy.
- Take a separate large mixing bowl, place flour in it, add remaining ingredients, stir until mixed, and then gradually beat this mixture in the egg mixture until incorporated.
- Take an 8-by-4 inch / 20-by-10 cm nonstick loaf pan, grease it with avocado oil, spoon in prepared batter, and then smooth the top by using a spatula.
- Place the loaf pan into the oven and then bake it for 35 to 40 minutes until the top has turned golden brown and bread passes the toothpick test; toothpick will come out clean from the bread when cooked.
- When done, remove the pan from the oven, let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then lift it out and cool the bread completely on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting and for this, take a medium bowl, place all of its ingredients in it and whisk until well combined, set aside until required.
- When ready to eat, spread prepared frosting on top of bread, cut bread into six slices, and then serve.