Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Servings: 16 mini chaffles
Nutritional Info (Per Serving):
170 Cal | 16 g Fat | 4.2 g Protein | 4 g Carb | 2 g Fiber | 2 g Net Carb Ingredients:
1/2 cup / 50 grams almond flour
½ cup / 75 grams chopped chocolate, unsweetened 1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup / 40 grams cocoa powder, unsweetened 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia
1/2 cup / 100 grams Swerve Sweetener
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, unsweetened 12 tablespoons coconut butter
5 eggs, at room temperature
- Take a non-stick waffle iron, plug it in, select the medium or medium-high heat setting and let it preheat until ready to use; it could also be indicated with an indicator light changing its color.
- Meanwhile, prepare the batter and for this, take a saucepan, place it over medium heat, add cocoa powder, chocolate, and butter and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the butter has melted, whisking heat frequently.
- Then add sweetener, stevia, and vanilla into the pan, stir until combined, remove the pan from heat and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Take a medium bowl, add flour in it and then stir in baking powder and salt until mixed.
- After 5 minutes, beat eggs into the chocolate-butter mixture and stir the flour until incorporated.
- Use a ladle to pour ¼ cup of the prepared batter into the heated waffle iron in a spiral direction, starting from the edges, then shut the lid and cook for 5 minutes or more until solid and nicely browned; the cooked waffle will look like a cake.
- When done, transfer chaffles to a plate with a silicone spatula and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Let chaffles stand for some time until crispy and serve straight away.