Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 medium chaffles
Nutritional Info (Per Serving):
292 Cal | 27 g Fat | 7.5 g Protein | 7.9 g Carb | 3.6 g Fiber | 4.3 g Net Carb
3 ¼ tablespoons coconut flour
¼ cup / 20 gram cocoa, unsweetened
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 ¼ tablespoons swerve sweetener
1 2/3 teaspoon vanilla extract, unsweetened
6 ½ tablespoons coconut butter, melted
2 tablespoon almond milk, unsweetened 4 eggs, at room temperature
- Take a non-stick waffle iron, plug it in, select the medium or medium-high heat setting and let it preheat until ready to use; it could also be indicated with an indicator light changing its color.
- Meanwhile, prepare the batter, and for this, separate egg yolks and whites between two bowls and then blend the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Add flour into the egg yolks, then mix sweetener, cocoa, and baking powder until combined, then gradually whisk the melted butter until smooth.
- Whisk in vanilla and milk until incorporated and then fold egg white mixture with a spoon until fluffy.
- Use a ladle to pour one-fourth of the prepared batter into the heated waffle iron in a spiral direction, starting from the edges, then shut the lid and cook for 5 minutes or more until solid and nicely browned; the cooked waffle will look like a cake.
- When done, transfer chaffles to a plate with a silicone spatula and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Let chaffles stand for some time until crispy and serve straight away.