Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 16 minutes
Total time: 26 minutes
Servings: 3 mini chaffles
Nutritional Info (Per Serving):
185 Cal | 16.6 g Fat | 7.2 g Protein | 3.1 g Carb | 1 g Fiber | 2.2 g Net Carb
1 tablespoon almond flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon Swerve sweetener
1 egg, at room temperature
1/2 cup / 55 grams shredded mozzarella cheese For Cinnamon Roll Swirl:
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon coconut butter
2 teaspoons confectioners swerve
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, unsweetened
1 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoons swerve confectioners sugar
1 tablespoon cream cheese
- Take a non-stick waffle iron, plug it in, select the medium or medium-high heat setting and let it preheat until ready to use; it could also be indicated with an indicator light changing its color.
- Meanwhile, prepare the batter for chaffle, and for this, take a large bowl, add flour in it and then whisk in baking powder, cinnamon, sweetener, and cheese until well combined.
- Prepare the batter for the swirl, and for this, take a heatproof bowl, place all of its ingredients in it, microwave at heat setting for 15 seconds, and then stir to mix well.
- Use a ladle to pour one-third of the prepared batter for chaffle into the heated waffle iron in a spiral direction, starting from the edges, then use a fork to mix one-third of the swirl mixture on the top.
- Shut the lid of the waffle maker and then cook for 5 minutes or more until solid and nicely browned; the cooked waffle will look like a cake.
- When done, transfer chaffles to a plate with a silicone spatula, repeat with the remaining batter and let chaffles stand for some time.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze and for this, take a heatproof bowl, place cream cheese and butter in it, and microwave at high heat setting for 15 seconds until cream cheese has softened enough to mix.
- Add sweetener and vanilla into the cream cheese mixture and mix with a whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over crispy waffles and serve immediately.