Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 mini chaffles
Nutritional Info (Per Serving):
307 Cal | 15.8 g Fat | 17.4 g Protein | 7.6 g Carb | 0 g Fiber | 7.6 g Net Carb
2 teaspoons coconut flour
2 teaspoons swerve sweetener
2 tablespoons chocolate chips, unsweetened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract, unsweetened
1 cup / 115 grams shredded mozzarella cheese 2 eggs, at room temperature
- Take a non-stick waffle iron, plug it in, select the medium or medium-high heat setting and let it preheat until ready to use; it could also be indicated with an indicator light changing its color.
- Meanwhile, prepare the batter and for this, take a large bowl, add flour in it, then mix in vanilla, sweetener, and eggs with an electric mixer until smooth and fold in cheese until combined.
- Use a ladle to pour one-fourth of the prepared batter into the heated waffle iron in a spiral direction, starting from the edges, scatter ½ tablespoons of chocolate chips on top, then shut the lid and cook for 5 minutes or more until solid and nicely browned; the cooked waffle will look like a cake.
- When done, transfer chaffles to a plate with a silicone spatula and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Let chaffles stand for some time until crispy, top with whipped cream and serve straight away.