Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 medium chaffles
Nutritional Info (Per Serving):
316 Cal | 22.3 g Fat | 15.2g Protein | 12.5 g Carb | 5 g Fiber | 7.5 g Net Carb
1/3 cup / 30 grams coconut flour
2/3 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup / 50 grams swerve sweetener
2/3 cup / 65 grams almond flour
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, unsweetened
5 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
4 eggs, at room temperature 2/3 cup / 75 grams cottage cheese
- Take a non-stick waffle iron, plug it in, select the medium or medium-high heat setting and let it preheat until ready to use; it could also be indicated with an indicator light changing its color.
- Meanwhile, prepare the batter, and for this, place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth.
- Use a ladle to pour one-fourth of the prepared batter into the heated waffle iron in a spiral direction, starting from the edges, then shut the lid and cook for 5 minutes or more until solid and nicely browned; the cooked waffle will look like a cake.
- When done, transfer chaffles to a plate with a silicone spatula and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Let chaffles stand for some time until crispy and serve straight away.