Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 medium chaffles
Nutritional Info (Per Serving):
140 Cal | 11 g Fat | 4.7 g Protein | 4.5 g Carb | 3.8 g Fiber | 0.7 g Net Carb
2 cups ground flaxseed
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/3 cup / 80 ml avocado oil
5 eggs, at room temperature ½ cup / 120 ml water
Whipped cream as needed for topping
- Take a non-stick waffle iron, plug it in, select the medium or medium-high heat setting and let it preheat until ready to use; it could also be indicated with an indicator light changing its color.
- Meanwhile, prepare the batter and for this, take a large bowl and then stir in flaxseed, salt and baking powder until combined.
- Crack the eggs in a jug, pour in oil and water, whisk these ingredients until blended and then stir this mixture into the flour with the spatula until incorporated and fluffy mixture comes together.
- Let the batter stand for 5 minutes and then stir in cinnamon until mixed.
- Use a ladle to pour one-fourth of the prepared batter into the heated waffle iron in a spiral direction, starting from the edges, then shut the lid and cook for 5 minutes or more until solid and nicely browned; the cooked waffle will look like a cake.
- When done, transfer chaffle to a plate with a silicone spatula and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top waffles with whipped cream and then serve straight away.