Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 medium chaffles
Nutritional Info (Per Serving):
336 Cal | 27.6 g Fat | 16 g Protein | 7.5 g Carb | 2.9 g Fiber | 4.6 g Net Carb
4 slices of bacon, cooked, crumbled
3 tablespoon coconut flour
1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded, sliced
1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded, diced
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon of sea salt
1 cup / 115 grams shredded cheddar cheese
3 eggs, at room temperature 1 cup / 225 grams cream cheese, softened
- Take a non-stick waffle iron, plug it in, select the medium or medium-high heat setting and let it preheat until ready to use; it could also be indicated with an indicator light changing its color.
- Meanwhile, prepare the batter and for this, take a large bowl, add flour in it, stir in baking powder, and salt until mixed.
- Take another bowl, place cream cheese in it, and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Crack eggs in a separate bowl, beat with an electric mixer until fluffy, then add cheddar cheese and ½ cup of beaten cream cheese and continue beating until combined.
- Add flour mixture into egg-cream cheese mixture, beat with an electric mixer until incorporated, and then fold in diced peppers.
- Use a ladle to pour one-fourth of the prepared batter into the heated waffle iron in a spiral direction, starting from the edges, then shut the lid and cook for 5 minutes or more until solid and nicely browned; the cooked waffle will look like a cake.
- When done, transfer chaffles to a plate with a silicone spatula and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Let chaffles stand for some time until crispy, then top with bacon, jalapeno slices and remaining cream cheese and then serve.