Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 17 minutes
Total time: 27 minutes
Servings: 4 mini chaffles
Nutritional Info (Per Serving):
240 Cal | 18.2 g Fat | 17.4 g Protein | 2.2 g Carb | 0 g Fiber | 2.2 g Net Carb
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 cup / 115 grams shredded mozzarella cheese 2 eggs, at room temperature
For the Topping:
12 slices of pepperoni
1 cup / 115g shredded mozzarella cheese 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- Take a non-stick mini waffle iron, plug it in, select the medium or medium-high heat setting and let it preheat until ready to use; it could also be indicated with an indicator light changing its color.
- Meanwhile, prepare the batter for chaffles and for this, take a large bowl, crack eggs in it, add garlic, Italian seasoning, and cheese and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Use a ladle to pour one-fourth of the prepared batter into the heated waffle iron in a spiral direction, starting from the edges, then shut the lid and cook for 3 minutes or more until solid and nicely browned; the cooked waffle will look like a cake.
- When done, transfer chaffles to a plate with a silicone spatula and repeat with the remaining batter.
- In the meantime, switch on the oven, then set it to 400 / 200 and let it preheat.
- Let chaffles stand for some time until crispy, then top evenly with pepperoni, cheese, and tomato sauce and arrange the chaffle on a baking tray.
- Bake the chaffles until the cheese has melted and then serve straight away.