Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Servings: 3 medium chaffles
Nutritional Info (Per Serving):
240 Cal | 18.1 g Fat | 15.4 g Protein | 3.5 g Carb | 1 g Fiber | 2.5 g Net Carb
1 cup / 175 grams broccoli florets
2 eggs, at room temperature
6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 cup / 115 grams shredded cheddar cheese
- Take a non-stick waffle iron, plug it in, select the medium or medium-high heat setting and let it preheat until ready to use; it could also be indicated with an indicator light changing its color.
- Meanwhile, prepare the batter, and for this, place broccoli florets in a blender and pulse for 1 to 2 minutes until florets resemble rice.
- Tip the broccoli in a medium bowl, add remaining ingredients and then stir with a hand whisk until combined.
- Use a ladle to pour one-third of the prepared batter into the heated waffle iron in a spiral direction, starting from the edges, then shut the lid and cook for 5 minutes or more until solid and nicely browned; the cooked waffle will look like a cake.
- When done, transfer chaffles to a plate with a silicone spatula and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Let chaffles stand for some time until crispy and serve straight away.