Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 medium chaffles
Nutritional Info (Per Serving):
740 Cal | 66.9 g Fat | 26.6 g Protein | 18.3 g Carb | 9.4 g Fiber | 8.9 g Net Carb
3 cups / 290 grams ground almonds, blanched
2 teaspoons baking soda
8 tablespoons hemp seeds
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon of sea salt
4 tablespoons avocado oil
8 tablespoons coconut milk, unsweetened
4 eggs, at room temperature
- Take a non-stick waffle iron, plug it in, select the medium or medium-high heat setting and let it preheat until ready to use; it could also be indicated with an indicator light changing its color.
- Meanwhile, prepare the batter and for this, take a large bowl, add almonds and seeds in it and then stir in salt, baking powder, and soda until combined.
- Take a separate bowl, crack eggs in it, add oil, pour in milk, stir with a hand whisk until frothy, and then stir this mixture with a spoon into the almond mixture until incorporated.
- Use a ladle to pour one-fourth of the prepared batter into the heated waffle iron in a spiral direction, starting from the edges, then shut the lid and cook for 5 minutes or more until solid and nicely browned; the cooked waffle will look like a cake.
- When done, transfer chaffles to a plate with a silicone spatula and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Let chaffles stand for some time until crispy and serve straight away.