The whole family will enjoy this awesome breakfast casserole. It takes less than an hour to make and keeps you satisfied all morning long, so perhaps one for a lazy Sunday.
2 cups zucchini, diced
¼ cup onion, diced
1 lb. pork sausage
2 cups cabbage, shredded
2 tbsp. mustard
½ cup mayonnaise
1½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tbsp. dried ground sage
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a casserole dish and set it aside.
- In a large skillet on a medium heat, cook the sausage and the veggies until tender.
- Place the mixture into the casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, mustard, mayonnaise, sage, and pepper until combined well.
- Add the grated cheese to the egg mixture and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour the mix over the sausage and vegetables in the casserole dish, and top with the cheese.
- Bake the casserole for 30 minutes, or remove it when it is bubbling around the edges and the cheese on the top is melted.
Nutritional Info per Serving
Net Carbs: 5g