Casseroles are famous for being easy – this one is no exception.
¼ cup flaxseed meal
1 cup almond flour
1 lb. breakfast sausage
4 oz. cheese
6 tbsp. light maple syrup
4 tbsp. butter
½ tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. sage
Salt and pepper
- In a pan on medium heat, add the breakfast sausage, stirring frequently, until browned.
- In a bowl, mix the flaxseed, almond flour, onion powder, garlic powder and sage together.
- Add the eggs and cheese to the bowl, and mix.
- Add this mixture to the sausage.
- Line a casserole dish with parchment paper, and pour in the casserole mix. Drizzle the 2 tbsp. of syrup on top.
- Bake at 350°F for about 45-55 minutes and cool.
Nutritional Info per Serving
Net Carbs: 3g