The Keto diet doesn’t mean you can’t indulge yourself once in a while. This is your chance to do just that, right here.
Serves 2 loaves
14 eggs, separated
1 cup whey protein
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ cup butter
½ cup Granulated sweetener of your choice
- Make the bread by mixing 12 egg whites for about 10 minutes, or until stiff peaks form. Add whey protein stirring gently, and fold in the cream cheese.
- Grease two bread pans and pour the batter in them. Bake for about 40-45 minutes at 325°F. Remove and let them cool. Slice them to desired thickness after they have cooled completely.
- Combine 2 eggs in a bowl, ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Dip the bread slices in the mixture.
- Place the bread onto a skillet and grill until lightly browned on both sides. Repeat with the rest.
- Make the sauce: place the butter in a saucepan in high heat. When it comes to a boil, and begins to brown, add the sweetener and the other ½ cup almond milk to the pan. Stir quickly to combine, then let cool in the pan for a couple minutes before pouring into a recipient. Top the toast with it.
Nutritional Info per Serving
Net Carbs: 0.7g