A classic recipe that will become part of your go-to lunches. This easy recipe has apples, ham and onions – a delicious pizza style combination that you need to try!
For the Crust:
2 cups half-and-half grated mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp. cream cheese
¾ cup almond flour
½ tsp. sea salt
⅛ tsp. dried thyme
For the Topping:
1 cup grated Mexican cheese
½ red onion, small and sliced
4 oz. low carbohydrate sliced ham, cut
¼ medium apple, unpeeled and sliced
⅛ tsp. thyme, dried
Salt and pepper
- Fill a saucepan with a little water and bring to the boil, then turn the heat to low. Place the saucepan inside a metal mixing bowl to form a double boiler, and add the mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, almond flour, thyme and salt. Stir with a spatula.
- Cook until the cheese melts, and mix the ingredients into a dough. Pour some onto a 12-inch pizza tray covered with parchment paper. Roll the dough into a ball and place onto the center of the parchment paper. Pat into a disc shape to cover the pan.
- Place the dough and the parchment paper on the pizza pan, poking holes throughout the dough with a fork, and bake for 6-8 minutes at 425°F. Remove.
- Spread the toppings over the flatbread, along with the cheese, onion, apple and the ham. Cover with more cheese. Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bake again at 350°F for 5-7 minutes. Remove once the cheese begins to brown. Let cool before slicing.
Nutritional Info per Serving
Net Carbs: 5g