This soup will warm you up on a cold day. The hearty bacon and cheddar flavor makes it one that even picky eaters will gobble right up!
1 head of cauliflower
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
4 slices bacon
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. thyme
12 oz. aged cheddar
1 oz. parmesan cheese
3 cups chicken broth
¼ cup heavy cream
- Chop the cauliflower, and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle olive oil and season it with salt and pepper. Bake for 35 minutes at 375°F.
- In a pot, cook the bacon until crispy. Add diced onion and fry it in the bacon grease. When it is tender, add the garlic and the thyme, and cook for 1 minute or less.
- Incorporate the chicken broth and cauliflower, and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Once time is up, blend the ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Place back into the pot. Add the cheddar and the parmesan cheese, and stir until melted.
- Finally, add the bacon and the double cream, and mix well. If needed, simmer for 10 minutes more, or until heated.
Nutritional Info per Serving
Net Carbs: 10g