Reimagine the burger by knocking up this awesome recipe and enjoy without shame!
2 Portobello mushroom caps
½ tbsp. organic extra virgin coconut oil
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp. oregano
6 oz. organic grass fed beef or bison
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper
- Clean the Portobello mushrooms, removing the stems and scraping the gills.
- In a bowl, combine coconut oil with garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Marinade the Portobello mushrooms in the mixture while you complete the other steps.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ground meat, mustard, salt, black pepper and cheddar cheese. Form the patties.
- Place the mushroom caps on a grill for 7-10 minutes. Remove and cook the burgers for 6 minutes on each side.
- Remove both from the heat and assemble the burger. Add preferred toppings and serve.
Nutritional Info per Serving
Net Carbs: 5g