These soufflés are low-carb, and the delicate lemon poppy seed flavor provides a slightly different twist to one of our favorite staples.
2 separated large eggs
¼ cup erythritol
1 cup whole milk ricotta
2 tsp. lemon zest
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. poppy seeds
1. Whisk the egg whites until foamy. Add erythritol and beat until stiff peaks form.
2. Mix the egg yolks with ricotta cheese and erythritol. Add the lemon zest and juice.
3. Incorporate the extract and poppy seed and mix well.
4. Add the egg white into the mixture by carefully folding.
5. Divide the batter into 4 small ramekins and bake at 375°F for about 20 minutes. Take care not to open the oven until they are finished or they may collapse.
Nutritional Info per Serving
Net Carbs: 3g