MAKES: 16 patties (2 per serving) · PREP TIME: 15 minutes · COOK TIME: 24 minutes
Sausage patties were one of those foods that used to have a permanent spot on my grocery list, right there alongside the bacon. For years I bought them without ever considering making my own. What a missed opportunity that was. I had no idea what I was missing out on. The taste of store-bought breakfast sausage doesn’t even remotely compare to the taste of a perfectly spiced, homemade sausage patty. Once you start making this recipe and the Chorizo-Spiced Breakfast Sausage (here), I think you will know exactly what I mean, and the store-bought version may be banished from your grocery list forever, too.
• 2 pounds ground pork
• ½ cup fresh blueberries
• ¼ cup sugar-free maple syrup
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 teaspoons dried rubbed sage
• 2 teaspoons sea salt
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
• ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
• ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
• 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil, for the pan
1. Mix all the ingredients, except the oil, in a large mixing bowl until they are well incorporated.
2. Form the mixture into patties, about 2 inches in diameter. You should have 16 patties.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the patties in batches until they are browned on both sides and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
tip: These sausage patties are perfect for meal prep. You can make a batch and freeze them cooked or raw for quick and easy breakfasts throughout the week.
TOTAL CARBS: 3.6g
NET CARBS: 2.7g