MAKES: 2 servings · PREP TIME: 10 minutes · COOK TIME: 10 minutes
“Say! I like green eggs and ham! I do! I like them, Sam-I-Am! And I would eat them in a boat. And I would eat them with a goat . . . And I will eat them in the rain. And in the dark. And on a train. And in a car. And in a tree. They are so good, so good, you see!” —Dr. Seuss
• 6 large eggs
• 4 tablespoons dairy-free pesto, store-bought or homemade (here), divided
• 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil, divided
• 4 ounces thinly sliced ham
• ¼ cup microgreens, for garnish
1. Crack the eggs into a small bowl and whisk with a fork. Add 3 tablespoons of the pesto and whisk until well combined.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the ham and sear until it is heated through and golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and cover to keep warm.
3. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the skillet and add the eggs. Use a rubber spatula to gently stir and fold the eggs. Let them begin to set, then fold them again. Repeat this process until the eggs are cooked to your desired level of doneness. Scrambling them slowly and not overworking them will produce amazingly fluffy eggs.
4. Divide the eggs between 2 plates and top with the remaining tablespoon of pesto, the fried ham, and the microgreens.
tip: This dish is delicious served with Restaurant-Style Salsa (here) and fresh avocado.
TOTAL CARBS: 1.9g
NET CARBS: 1.8g