MAKES: 6 waffles (1 per serving) · PREP TIME: 15 minutes · COOK TIME: 30 minutes
These light and fluffy waffles make for the ultimate weekend breakfast. I top them with reduced-sugar peanut butter and sugar-free preserves; it’s like dessert and breakfast wrapped into one. I love to pair them with Blueberry Maple Breakfast Sausage (here) and some perfectly poached eggs topped with Bacon Fat Hollandaise (here).
• ½ cup coconut flour
• ¼ cup granular erythritol
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• 5 large eggs
• 1 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk
• ¼ cup coconut oil, melted but not hot
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat a waffle iron.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the coconut flour, erythritol, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt until combined.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
4. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing as you pour. Mix until the ingredients are well incorporated and the batter is smooth.
5. Lightly grease the hot waffle iron. Ladle the batter onto the center of the waffle iron; consult the manufacturer’s directions for the recommended amount of batter to use.
6. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the waffle iron stops steaming. Repeat this process until all the batter is gone, regreasing the iron after each waffle, as needed. For a crispier waffle, drop it in the toaster before serving.
TOTAL CARBS: 3.9g
NET CARBS: 1.7g