MAKES: 5 servings (4 fries per serving) · PREP TIME: 15 minutes · COOK TIME: 25 minutes
It doesn’t get much simpler than a recipe with just two main ingredients. And it doesn’t get much more delicious than when those two ingredients are bacon and avocados. For this recipe, it is important to par-cook the bacon to prevent the avocados from spending too much time in the oven and becoming dry and bitter-tasting.
• 20 slices bacon
• 2 large avocados
• Everything Bagel Aioli (here), for serving (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Line the slices of bacon across the parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes, or until slightly cooked but still bendable without breaking.
3. While the bacon is cooking, slice the avocados in half lengthwise and remove the peels and pits, then slice each half into 5 equal-sized wedges to make a total of 20 fries.
4. Line the baking sheet with a fresh piece of parchment paper or a clean silicone baking mat.
5. Wrap each avocado slice tightly with a slice of par-cooked bacon and lay the wrapped fries on their sides in a single layer across the baking sheet.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy, flipping the fries over halfway through.
7. Serve with Everything Bagel Aioli, if desired.
TOTAL CARBS: 8.6g
NET CARBS: 1.8g