MAKES: 4 cups (¼ cup per serving) · PREP TIME: 5 minutes · COOK TIME: 20 minutes
Although these roasted nuts make the perfect keto-friendly snack, my favorite way to enjoy them is on top of a salad. They add a great crunch and a boost of flavor.
• 2 tablespoons powdered erythritol
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• Pinch of cayenne pepper
• 3 tablespoons avocado oil
• 10 ounces raw pecan halves
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Put the erythritol, salt, and spices in a large bowl and mix to combine.
3. Whisk in the avocado oil until the mixture is smooth and there are no clumps of seasoning.
4. Add the pecans to the bowl and toss until all the nuts are evenly coated.
5. Spread the pecans in a single layer across the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the nuts are toasted.
tip: Mix things up and use any combination of your favorite lower-carb nuts. See here for a breakdown of the total and net carbs in different kinds of nuts.
TOTAL CARBS: 2.6g
NET CARBS: 0.9g