MAKES: 4 servings · PREP TIME: 15 minutes
This crab salad is one of my favorite quick and easy weekday lunches. It is fresh and light and super easy to whip up at a moment’s notice. The crunch from the vegetables in the salad combined with the buttery texture of fresh avocado is a match made in keto heaven.
• 8 ounces lump crab meat
• 1 small shallot, finely chopped
• 1 rib celery, chopped
• ½ cup chopped red bell peppers
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
• ½ teaspoon chopped fresh dill
• ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
• ¼ teaspoon sea salt
• ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
• ¼ cup mayonnaise, store-bought or homemade (here)
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 2 large avocados, halved and pitted
1. Make the crab salad: In a large bowl, mix together the crab meat, shallot, celery, bell peppers, chives, dill, paprika, salt, and pepper. Add the mayonnaise and mustard and, using a rubber spatula, gently mix until the ingredients are well incorporated.
2. Use a large spoon to scoop the crab salad on top of each avocado half, dividing the mixture evenly among the 4 halves.
tip: This recipe is also great with chopped cooked shrimp or even chicken in place of the crab meat. Add more mayonnaise for a creamier salad.
TOTAL CARBS: 11.2g
NET CARBS: 3.6g