MAKES: 10 servings · PREP TIME: 15 minutes
If you would have told me when I was younger that someday I would crave a dish that had raw broccoli as the main ingredient, I would have told you that you were crazy. But there is something about this salad that makes you want to return to it time and time again. It is the perfect summer side dish.
• 1 pound broccoli florets, roughly chopped
• 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
• ½ cup slivered almonds
• ¼ cup chopped red onions
• ¼ cup sugar-free dried cranberries, store-bought or homemade (here)
• ⅓ cup mayonnaise, store-bought or homemade (here), or more if desired
• 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (see tip)
• 1 tablespoon powdered erythritol (optional)
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Put the broccoli, bacon, almonds, red onions, and dried cranberries in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine.
2. Put the mayonnaise, vinegar, erythritol (if using), salt, and pepper in a separate small bowl and mix until well incorporated.
3. Add the mayonnaise mixture to the bowl with the broccoli mixture and toss until all the pieces of broccoli are well dressed. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to a week.
tip: If omitting the erythritol, cut the vinegar in half. But that slight hint of sweetness is what gives this salad its classic flavor.
TOTAL CARBS: 4.5g
NET CARBS: 2.6g