MAKES: 4 servings · PREP TIME: 15 minutes, plus 1 hour to marinate · COOK TIME: 15 minutes
Beef and broccoli stir-fry is a favorite of many, but it is not a low-carb dish at most Chinese restaurants. Well, now you can make your own healthier, low-carb version at home. I love to serve this over “Goes with Everything” Garlicky Cauliflower Rice (here). Why? Because it goes with everything!
•¼ cup gluten-free oyster sauce
•¼ cup beef stock or bone broth (here)
•3 tablespoons fish sauce
•1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
•4 cloves garlic, minced
•1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
•¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
•1½ pounds boneless beef round steaks, sliced ¼ inch thick
•3 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
•1 pound broccoli florets
•6 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oyster sauce, beef stock, fish sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
2. Add the steak to the bowl and mix until all the pieces are coated. Place the bowl in the refrigerator and let the steak marinate for 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
3. When ready to cook the stir-fry, heat the oil in a wok or large sauté pan over high heat. When the oil is very hot, add the broccoli, coating it in the oil, and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Remove the beef from the marinade and add it to the hot pan. Stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Pour the marinade into the pan and add the mushrooms. Continue stir-frying over high heat until the meat is cooked through and the sauce has reduced and thickened. This will happen naturally with high heat and continuous stirring. If you lose too much of your sauce in the process, add a little stock or water to the pan.
TOTAL CARBS: 11g
NET CARBS: 6.7g