MAKES: 6 servings · PREP TIME: 10 minutes · COOK TIME: 25 minutes
This pork tenderloin is seared in a skillet and then baked to perfection. Searing it first creates a wonderful crust on the outside, and finishing it in the oven ensures that it stays nice and juicy.
•3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
•1½ teaspoons paprika
•1 teaspoon sea salt
•½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
•½ teaspoon garlic powder
•½ teaspoon onion powder
•2 (1-pound) pork tenderloins
•2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
•Maldon sea salt flakes, for finishing (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the mustard, paprika, salt, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder until the ingredients are well incorporated. Spread the mixture all over both of the pork tenderloins.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the pork tenderloins and cook until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.
4. Transfer the tenderloins to a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until they are cooked all the way through (the juices will run clear when you cut into the meat).
5. Let the pork rest for 10 minutes before slicing it. This will help it retain its juices.
6. Sprinkle with salt flakes before serving, if desired.
TOTAL CARBS: 1.2g
NET CARBS: 0.6g