MAKES: 6 servings · PREP TIME: 20 minutes · COOK TIME: 15 minutes
There are few things I love more than a bright, colorful plate of food. All the flavors in this dish come together in perfect harmony, and the peanut sauce on top is just the icing on the zoodle bowl. If you are anything like me, you will find yourself looking for excuses to use this sauce.
•3 medium zucchini, spiral sliced
•Sea salt and ground black pepper
•2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
•2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
•1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
•½ cup shredded purple cabbage
•¾ cup Peanut Sauce (here)
•2 green onions, sliced on a bias
•2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
•Fresh cilantro, for garnish
•Lime wedges, for serving
1. Lay the zucchini noodles in a single layer on a bed of paper towels. Sprinkle the zucchini generously with salt and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes. The salt will help draw out the excess moisture so that the zucchini noodles do not become soupy. When the noodles have released their liquid, put a layer of fresh paper towels on top and dab away the excess moisture, then set the noodles aside.
2. Season the chicken generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked all the way through. Remove from the pan and cover to keep warm while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
4. In the same skillet, sauté the zucchini noodles over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until they are tender but not mushy.
5. Put the zucchini noodles in a large serving bowl and arrange the bell pepper and cabbage on top.
6. Slice the chicken and put it on top of the noodle bowl. Drizzle with the peanut sauce (or serve the sauce on the side) and top with the green onions and sesame seeds.
7. Garnish with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
tip: This dish is also amazing as a cold salad with spiral-sliced cucumber noodles in place of the zucchini noodles.
TOTAL CARBS: 8.5g
NET CARBS: 6.2g